Imagine this-you have searched high and low for inspiration on your new countertops and possibly even a full kitchen remodel. You’ve found the color scheme you want, new hardware to give your old cabinetry a quick update and most importantly, you’ve decided what material and color you are looking for when it comes to the investment you are making for your countertops. Now, all you need to do is find a countertop fabricator and installer who has exactly what you want.
At Bad Lizard, we believe it is crucial to put in the extra time to find a countertop fabricator that can match your needs and wants. Why so?
If you pick a countertop supplier without doing any research or asking questions about their experience, it will cause undue stress and frustration at a time that is supposed to be exciting.
Continue reading to learn more about why it’s essential to do your due diligence when researching, along with the top questions we think you should ask your potential countertop fabricator in West Virginia or in any other state.
LOCAL VS OUT-OF-STATE VS NATIONAL CHAIN COUNTERTOP FABRICATORS
When looking for a countertop fabricator, you want to ask yourself this question, ‘Am I looking for someone local, out-of-state or am I going with a national chain?’ We’ll tell you that choosing a local fabricator can provide many benefits, including:
- Visiting the fabricator’s shop: If your fabricator is local, you’ll be able to easily stop by with any questions you have or just to see how the fabrication process is going. Additionally, if you have any questions about the slab you chose or how to pay, going local can be an excellent decision.
- Getting customized sizing: Many big-box stores go with template sizing, meaning sometimes, your countertops may not be the correct size for your kitchen space. At Bad Lizard, our team provides custom measurements so that we’re able to provide you with the correct countertops.
- Working with other contractors: If you’re thinking about doing a full kitchen remodel, our team will be able to work with your remodeling contractor’s schedule so that the countertops can be installed shortly after the cabinets!
CHOOSING THE CHEAPEST OPTION
While it may seem like the best idea to choose the cheapest option for your kitchen countertops to save money, this may not be the best decision.
Purchasing the cheapest option for your countertops could lose you money in the long-term due to the possibility of the work not being completed properly, and the real possibility of not being able to contact the countertop fabrication company to remedy the problem.
At Bad Lizard, we want to make sure you choose the best countertop option for the budget you have in place as we understand this is an investment. When it comes to the budget you have for your countertops, our team suggests you think about the following:
- Type of material chosen
- Grade of the granite
- Color and pattern
- Preferred edges (flat or rounded, etc.)
- The complexity of labor to fabricate
NOT ASKING FOR REFERENCES TO SPEAK WITH
When looking for a countertop fabricator, you must look at past work they have done, ask for references or reviews that their customers have given. Why is this important? If you don’t ask about previous work, you may end up having an awful experience, and countertops that you’re not happy with.
At Bad Lizard, we’re happy to give you as many references as necessary, as well as point you in the direction of our customer reviews and resources.
We’re happy to say we have a positive reputation with our customers and the community. Most recently, Becky Sabatelli let us document her experience with Bad Lizard. You can read the full blog here or watch her testimonial video below!
Additionally, we also offer a comprehensive gallery you can review here.
WHAT SHOULD YOU ASK A COUNTERTOP FABRICATOR?
There are many questions we believe you should ask a countertop fabricator and installer before signing a contract, including:
- How many years of experience do you have? Is it possible to speak with past clients or see reviews of your work?
- What is your countertop timeline?
- I’m doing a full kitchen remodel. Can you work with other contractors?
- What is the process when choosing the countertop I want?
- Is it possible to visit your fabrication shop?
- Do you stock full slabs for me to view?
FINDING YOUR PERFECT COUNTERTOPS AT BAD LIZARD | COUNTERTOP FABRICATOR IN WEST VIRGINIA
At Bad Lizard, we want to help you have an exciting and smooth countertop experience. A part of that is finding the right countertop fabricator for you and your needs.
If you have any questions about our team or what countertop material would be best for you, please give us a call at 304-472-6483 to speak with our experts or to schedule a personal tour through our facility.