We want our customers to know we place your needs (both health and countertop) first. Take the extra step to be cautious while cleaning and disinfecting your home as necessary. Read on to learn more about how to properly clean and disinfect your countertops.
GUIDELINES FOR CLEANING AND DISINFECTING
Bathrooms and kitchens do hold many germs in a home. Our team follows these precautionary guidelines and would like to pass on this pertinent information to our customers as well.
The first thing to know is that there is a difference between cleaning and disinfecting:
- Cleaning – Removal of germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces. It does not kill bacteria, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.
- Disinfecting – The use of chemicals to kill germs on surfaces. This process doesn’t clean dirty surfaces or remove bacteria; however, it aids in killing germs on a surface after cleaning. Thus, lowering the risk of spreading infection.
For your hard, non-porous, surfaces (quartz, soapstone): Wear disposable gloves. When cleaning and disinfecting surfaces, you should wear gloves. After use, the gloves need to be discarded. Please, wash your hands immediately when you remove the gloves. Practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces.
Use detergent or soap and water. If surfaces are dirty, clean them using a detergent or soap and water before disinfection.
Use EPA-registered household disinfectants. For disinfection, most common EPA-registered household disinfectants are effective. Follow instructions on the label. A list of products that are EPA-approved is available here.
For your softer, porous, materials (granite, marble):
- Remove visible contamination. Wipe your surfaces clean with the appropriate cleaners indicated for use.
- Use EPA-approved products. Use products that are EPA-approved.
- Re-seal your countertops after disinfecting. Some products used to disinfect can slowly eat away at the sealant that was applied to your granite or marble. Periodically seal your countertops to help prevent staining.
It’s essential to not only have clean countertops but for our clients and our team to remain sanitized as well. Use these simple tips:
- Hand hygiene
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth
- Clean your hands after:
- Blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
- Using the restroom
- Contact with animals or pets
- Clean your hands before:
- Eating or preparing food
- Providing routine care for another person
DISINFECT YOUR COUNTERTOPS SAFELY | BAD LIZARD GRANITE & QUARTZ
Bad Lizard is currently closed to walk-in traffic. We are abiding by CDC regulations and place our customers’ health and safety as a priority. Please, call our office to talk with a countertop specialist if you’d like to talk about your countertops: 304-472-6483